Educating the Legislative and Executive Branches About Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence
Partners is a source of information about the need for and impact of proposed legislation and regulations.
2022 – 2023 Legislative Agenda
- S1810/ A1463 clarifies penalties related to violations of criminal no contact orders, and requires prosecutors to provide the victim with a copy of the no contact order. Passed full Assembly vote on Feb. 28, 2022.
- S1000/A1704 requires domestic violence orders to be available in other languages.
- A229 establishes standards for abuse intervention programs, and an Abuse Intervention Advisory Committee.
- A227 establishes uniform standards for police to strengthen survivor access to crisis response team advocates.
- S2072/A1720 requires cultural diversity and implicit bias training police basic training curriculum.
- S512/A1986 codifies and expands upon the OAG’s Immigrant Trust Directive, designated as the New Jersey Values Act.
- S2459/A3837 requires State government entities to provide vital documents and translation services in 15 most common non-English languages.