Information We Collect and/or Receive
In the course of operating the Site, Partners will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information.
If you would like to receive our newsletters or if you would like to make a donation, you will be asked to provide your personal information such as your name and email address (collectively, the “Contact Information”). The Contact Information is used to provide the requested service or information, and to contact you for purposes of direct marketing of our current and future services. If you make a donation, your Contact Information will be added to our donation database so that we can keep track of your donation history. We may use your Contact Information to send donation acknowledgement letters to you.
If you would like to become a volunteer for any of our programs, you will be asked to provide your personal information such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number and any other information that is required by Partners to complete your registration as a program volunteer (collectively, the “Volunteer Information”). The Volunteer Information is used by Partners to engage volunteers for Partner’s events and charitable activities.
In addition to the Contact Information, and Volunteer Information that you voluntarily provide to us, we may collect additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
- From Your Activity. Information that we automatically collect when you visit the Site, such as your IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of the Site you visit, and similar information concerning your use of the Site.
For more information on these third parties, including how to opt out from certain data collection, please visit the sites below. Please be advised that if you opt out of any service, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Site.
For Google Analytics, please visit https://www.google.com/analytics
How We Use and Share Your Information
You authorize us to use the Contact Information, Volunteer Information, and Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to provide the Site to you, solicit your feedback, inform you about our products and services and those of our third-party marketing partners, and to improve the Site. Also, we may use and share the Information as described below.
- Agents, Providers and Related Third Parties. We may engage other companies and individuals to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, order fulfillment, customer service, and marketing assistance. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law. We may also share your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, or other companies under common control with us.
- Aggregated Information. In an ongoing effort to better understand users of the Site, we may analyze the Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Site. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may use this aggregate information for marketing purposes. We may share this aggregate information with our affiliates, agents, business and business partners, and other third parties. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe the Site to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- Business Transfers. As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- Legal Requirements. To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Partners or others.
How We Protect the Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the Information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Site, may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Access to Information About You; Communication Preferences
In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Partners marketing email or by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to your account. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases.
Choices You Have
Links to Third Party Sites
Important Notice to California Residents
In addition, Partners does not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
The Site and its servers are operated in the United States. Please be aware that your Information, including your personal information, may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the Site, you do so at your own risk.